FCS2 Reverse Telecine problem with HG10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old March 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Major Player

FCS2 Reverse Telecine problem with HG10

I have been using the three fingered salute version of getting files from my HG10 into FCS2. It's worked well with smaller files ( a few GB), but I just tried the technique with two very large video files. They're approximately 1 hour each, and are sitting at around 50GB in size each. When I try the reverse telecine approach, Compressor seems to just flat-out die out from under me on both files. No error messages. I looked in Console, but nothing there either.

There was a discussion on Apple's boards about this problem prior to the 6.0.1 update, but nothing since.

Again, this works fine for me as little files.
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Major Player

It seems to be an FCS bug... in which case you can only file a bug report with Apple...

Alternatively, you might want to look for .m2ts/mts splitters that make sure that cadence is not lost when splitting.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Contributor

i've RT'd huge files (half hour to an hour) and not had any issues...

when you say flat out die what do you mean?

i do think the current build of compressor is a time bomb though. not just for RT'ing but for anything.

also do you have any aja stuff installed? i was having issues with aja qt components disrupting the RT process.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion