Assessment of the HF10 vs the SR12 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old June 15th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #211
Trustee

All we need is non taped versions of the HC1, A1u, GL2, GS400 and the DVC30.
These camcorders were very popular when they first came out and it’s a shame non of them have been replaced yet.

Now it looks like JVC is doing the same thing by getting rid of features from the HD7 when they released the HD5 and the HD6.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; June 16th, 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #212
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
That's why earlier I said the HF vs SR comparison was Apples and Oranges. The SR should have been compared to the HG. So, I'm now looking at AVCHD camcorders from a different perspective: HDD vs SD card.
Interestingly, the HG10 is also around $630 at the moment, so there is still a big price difference with that model. You do gain back a viewfinder and HDD, but I think zebra stripes are still missing.
Dave Rosky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion