best avchd for slow motion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old April 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Major Player

best avchd for slow motion?

so I am in a loss to decide which I want, the HF10 for the 24p as well as the fact that I have a large collection of canon HD cams from the hg10, hv20, xhg1, xha1 and xlh1. Or do I go for the sony sr11 which has some of the more impressive and interesting technology in its face detection. Now I am losing the 24p but may be gaining the high speed 240fps for slow motion and while not certain that is enough it may well be for some special effects here and there.

So what other cameras flash based or possibly harddrive based can do as good, or better with slow motion if any? and what would be the noticeable difference between shooting at 240fps or shooting it normally, 24 or 60, and slowing it down in post?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion