DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   New BlenderAVC project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/127733-new-blenderavc-project.html)

Rob Scott August 9th, 2008 03:02 PM

New BlenderAVC project

Hello all! I recently purchased a Canon HF100 (nifty camera!) and I am starting a open-source project -- BlenderAVC -- to enable it to be used easily with the sequence editor in Blender3D.

This project is still in beta (usable, but some rough edges), but I'd like to know how much interest there might be. Has anyone tried using Blender's sequence editor? No flames about the UI please :-)

Dave Rosky August 25th, 2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Scott (Post 918607)
Hello all! I recently purchased a Canon HF100 (nifty camera!) and I am starting a open-source project -- BlenderAVC -- to enable it to be used easily with the sequence editor in Blender3D.

This project is still in beta (usable, but some rough edges), but I'd like to know how much interest there might be. Has anyone tried using Blender's sequence editor? No flames about the UI please :-)

I have used Blender's sequence editor and find it useful for some things:

1. The link for your project seems to be broken.

2. Does this run on all versions of Blender (hopefully), or just Windows?

Rob Scott August 25th, 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rosky (Post 924810)
1. The link for your project seems to be broken.

2. Does this run on all versions of Blender (hopefully), or just Windows?

#1 - Dave, thanks for the heads-up, the site is fixed now. I had not completely upgraded MediaWiki.

#2 - Sorry, it's Windows-only since it relies on AviSynth. AviSynth version 3 is supposed to be cross-platform, but its development has stalled, unfortunately.

Dave Rosky August 25th, 2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Scott (Post 924834)
#2 - Sorry, it's Windows-only since it relies on AviSynth. AviSynth version 3 is supposed to be cross-platform, but its development has stalled, unfortunately.

Ahh, bummer. Without being able to read the web page, I was hoping maybe it was cross-platform based (e.g., perhaps using GStreamer), but Avisynth has more capabilities so it's an understandable choice if you're only targeting windows. It still sounds like a cool project and would be a nice addition to Blender.

Rob Scott August 27th, 2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rosky (Post 924891)
... I was hoping maybe it was cross-platform based (e.g., perhaps using GStreamer), but Avisynth has more capabilities so it's an understandable choice if you're only targeting windows.

Yeah, this is a "mashup" using existing projects and some Python glue code. It could be better, but it satisfies my own needs for now. I'm planning to get into the guts of the Blender code; once I have some experience with it, perhaps I'll try my hand at a cross-platform solution.