Sorry... Another AVCHD Playback Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old September 25th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Tourist

Sorry... Another AVCHD Playback Issue

I have read multiple recommendations for playing AVCHD, but can't figure out my issue. I have the following Setup: AMD 3800+ x2 , 1 GB Ram, Radeon 3450. I use CoreAVC 1.6 with MPC and playback 1080p MKV's great with about 30-40% utilization. When trying to playback anything from my Canon HF100 with MPC I get no sound and also playback is quite choppy with 80-100% CPU utilization. The no sound issue is least of my worries as that is probably just a sound decoder I need to enable on MPC. (which one do I need?) However, the video playback issue is quite annoying. I have also tried playing the AVCHD files with PowerDVD however, I receive the same video playback issues but this time with sound. :)

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!
Kirk Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Tourist

Please I am sure someone here can help.
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Major Player

maybe the canon has a slightly different flavor of video? Just like sony software doesn't like anything but AVCHD video from Sony cameras.

I'm too new at this to really make a guess. Although my vaio single core 2.4ghz (1 gig ram) will open the files, it only plays them, sort of half window, hard to explain.. like half the frame is overlapped with the other. Crashes soon after...

Possible you are just shy of some resource limit? Not enough free space in memory or some bus bandwidth?

Hopefully someone will have better ideas. :)
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Shaffer View Post
I have read multiple recommendations for playing AVCHD, but can't figure out my issue. I have the following Setup: AMD 3800+ x2 , 1 GB Ram, Radeon 3450. I use CoreAVC 1.6 with MPC and playback 1080p MKV's great with about 30-40% utilization. When trying to playback anything from my Canon HF100 with MPC I get no sound and also playback is quite choppy with 80-100% CPU utilization. The no sound issue is least of my worries as that is probably just a sound decoder I need to enable on MPC. (which one do I need?) However, the video playback issue is quite annoying. I have also tried playing the AVCHD files with PowerDVD however, I receive the same video playback issues but this time with sound. :)

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!
I strongly suggest to try Nero Showtime 5 from Nero 8. I have issues with PowerDVD with hw acceleration (Nvidia 8600GTS) but Nero plays 1080i clips (from Sony or Canon) with no issue at all, and with 1% CPU utilization.
Mircea Voinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Tourist

Thanks for the help, I will give it a shot.
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Did you canon came with Pixela Image software? In my PC it works flawless, like Nero.... (mine is core quad, but the use of CPU is minimal...)
Marcelo Lima is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion