sony sr 10 sd mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old December 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

sony sr 10 sd mode

...not that one would often ... but anyone ever use the sd mode on this or a similar sony avchd model and how was the quality? ... i was not real impressed with the quality of the sr65 hard drive (sr65 only sd not a hd camera...)
Matthew Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Harris View Post
...not that one would often ... but anyone ever use the sd mode on this or a similar sony avchd model and how was the quality? ... i was not real impressed with the quality of the sr65 hard drive (sr65 only sd not a hd camera...)
Having done a resolution test with my SR 12 in all 4 modes and useing different angle and general shots including small bare tree branches i could see no difference at all on my 50" pioneer through hdmi or component inputs, this surprised me as i have always used FH and will probobly continue to but it does make you think,of note moving cars looked the same as well.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The SR11/12 have 4 modes in HD and 3 modes in SD. There is quite a difference between the highest data rate in HD and the lowest in SD. I expect the SR10 is similar but with a less capable imager only 1/5" rather than 1/3"

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion