Power Director improvement survey is online! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #46
Major Player

Kenny,

If your problem persists, follow the 6 steps in this cookbook approach and it hopefully will solve your problem:

http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/images/powerdirector.png

Although I suggested this in my prior reply above, I probably gave you way more information that you want or need. This 6 step approach should fix you up.

Good luck and hope this helps,

Larry
Larry Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #47
New Boot

Larry,

Thanks again for the suggestions. I have not had a chance to edit anything yet, but I will definitely look that link over before starting my next project.

Kenny
Kenny Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Horwitz View Post
There was quite a bit of discussion of this issue in another thread on this forum between me and a couple other people, and the bottom line was that the "glitch" / "blip" issue was mostly solved with a patch released last year by Corel for VS Pro X2, but it was not entirely corrected. Those of us who use VS X2 Pro to do 30p AVCHD never see the issue whereas those using 60i usually do see it, but it is not glaring. Possibly this is the reason for some having an issue and others like myself not having an issue?
Hi Larry, after patching VSX2, I still get blips from 30p material as well as 60i. I agree that it is not a glaring issue for a lot of shots. But, for cuts in footage where there is a lot of motion (eg. cutting on a pan of a mountain range), I would define it as a glaring issue.
Peter Holzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM   #49
Major Player

Peter,

As my original post on another thread nearly 2 months ago stated to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Horwitz View Post
Glad to help Mike!

Since Peter Holzel and others have encountered a nasty bug in Corel Video Studio X2Pro which creates a short "blip" at the splice where clips, transitions, and some other effects are joined, a patch has been unofficially posted on a user forum which apparently solves the problem for some but not all users.

I repeat this posting with the caveat that this is both unofficial as well as (apparently) only a partial fix, since AVCHD files from some brands / models of camcorders may not work yet even if the patch is installed.

Here it is:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ftp://private.ulead.com.tw/VSX2PROPATCH.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I am hoping that Peter Holzel continues to read this thread and downloads the patch. I am also curious to hear how his PS3 experiments have come out.

Please do not question me as to how this patch works, when it works, etc. I am merely a messenger here, trying to help other users.

Larry
On January 11th, in another thread, Peter Paci commented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pacai View Post
I am using Corel on a weekly basis, "smart rendered" about 200 movies so there is definitely no bugs which are effecting my workflow.

I have NOT been seeing this problem either often or in a noticeable way. Apparently this is also true for Peter Pacai.

Thus, I do not consider this a glaring issue, but others such as yourself certainly may and do feel otherwise.

It is very clear to those who have used a variety of NLEs and hardware with different camcorders and different playback methods that a wide variety of glitches, bugs, and other defects are experienced but that not all of us are experiencing the same things. Welcome to the complex world of AVCHD......

Larry
Larry Horwitz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion