Panasonic TM300. Any clips out there? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old March 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic TM300. Any clips out there?

Hi,

I'm curious if any of you who are likely much more informed than me has found any sign of the TM300? I noticed an preview of it on another site, but haven't been able to find anything else of significance. It's ostensibly better in low light than the older Panny's. Has anyone seen any clips? It would be nice to see how it compares to the HF s100 and others in its class.

Thanks

Peter
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Trustee

My last post in this thread http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/digital-v...amcorders.html has the Watch.Impress review with samples but I’ve seen them do a poor job with the samples with a few of their camcorders and this is one of them. It’s better to find other sources.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, I'll take a peek at that.

I'm curious to see how this camera does in comparison to the Hf S100 and the GH1.
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

sd100...

the Panasonics have gotten very little press this last year...

I bought an SD100 to see what AVCHD had to offer, & I'm very pleased with the PQ & the manual control of this small cam...

I come from a cable tv commercial backgound, using a Sony DXC537 BetaSP, & I've used various cams from an AG450, VX1000, etc....the latest sony being an HC1

The Pana SD100 produces a picture with small grain, the lower the light the more the grain becomes noticible.. but I don't find it at all objectional, as it looks like a film grain to me... the stills are not all that great, as the resolution is not what you need for a great pic....

The new Pana's should look even better with the larger sensors & lens....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion