DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   1080 60P same as Intra Frame? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/147481-1080-60p-same-intra-frame.html)

Craig Bellaire March 31st, 2009 10:42 AM

1080 60P same as Intra Frame?

1080 60P same as Intra Frame?.... If every frame is progressive then to me it's the same. with 4.2.0. color space.. BUT wanted to check. Tha Sanyo HD 2000 1080p footage looks great. Even shocked me, Not to sharp and not to Video like...

essai Sanyo HD 2000 on Vimeo

Craig Bellaire April 1st, 2009 10:41 AM

AnyBody?

AnyBody? have any comments on this?

Michael Murie April 1st, 2009 10:51 AM

I wasn't too sure what you are asking. Intraframe (to me) refers to compression between frames, and doesn't relate specifically to i vs. p. At least, that's my understanding.

Craig Bellaire April 1st, 2009 10:56 AM

Well my understanding for Intra Frame

Well my understanding for Intra Frame "From Wikipedia"
Intra-frame coding is used in video coding (compression). It is part of Group of pictures with inter frames.

The term intra frame coding refers to the fact that the various lossless and lossy compression techniques are performed relative to information that is contained only within the current frame, and not relative to any other frame in the video sequence. In other words, no temporal processing is performed outside of the current picture or frame. Non-intra coding techniques are extensions to these basics. It turns out that this block diagram is very similar to that of a JPEG still image video encoder, with only slight implementation detail differences.

So what is the difference from 60P

Hank Coffin April 1st, 2009 10:57 AM

Progressive and interlaced vs inter-frame and intra-frame are apples and oranges.

Progressive frames consist of one field with all the rows. Interlaced frames consist of one field of odd rows and one field of even rows. This pertains to how an image is rendered.

Inter-frames are basically blocks of 16x16 pixel differences of full frames used in MPEG compression. The decoder puts these blocks together to form new frames (which could be interlaced or progressive). This pertains to compression, before the video is rendered.

Ron Evans April 1st, 2009 11:11 AM

How the individual frames are captured by the camera and how they are processed for storage are two different actions. 60P means 60 frames are captured in a progressive manner so each frame is complete rather than interlace where the camera would still capture a frame every 1/60 of a second but only recognise/record half the vertical resolution so the temporal motion will be the same in both cases. To encode for storage there will be lots of options. DV encoding is intra frame, each frame contains only information from that frame. MPEG2/4 will be inter frame in a GOP normally a group of 15 including I frame ( just like intra frame encoding) and B and P frames that rely on other frames of data for the complete information. It matters very little whether the original was interlace or progressive to the encoder/decoder.
Ron Evans

Craig Bellaire April 1st, 2009 11:46 AM

got it

OK Thanks for the help....