What is the File Name of AVCHD Videos? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old May 7th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Major Player

What is the File Name of AVCHD Videos?

I've edited some clips for practice, that were described as being the raw files from a Sony XR-520V, from a website. They are shown under Properties as being MPEG-TS files and specifically MTS. Is this the correct file name for the original XR-520V videos or were these actually converted to something else? Whatever they were, I was able to edit and publish them nicely into Xvid and H.264, with AVS Video Editor 4.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

If you're talking the Blu Ray standard then it's M2TS. All avchd sooner or later ends up as this. But what usually comes out of a Sony cam is MTS
Jack Bellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Jack. Then the MTS that I used was original AVCHD. That means that my $60. AVS package and my mid-priced quad-core did the editing job, as I had hoped.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #4
Major Player

The File Designation from a Sony Camcorder is M2TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald View Post
Thanks, Jack. Then the MTS that I used was original AVCHD. That means that my $60. AVS package and my mid-priced quad-core did the editing job, as I had hoped.
Looking at the Info on the new Splash Beta 2 AVCHD player, it detects the raw XR520V
video files as being M2TS.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion