Importing AVCHD into FCP???? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old June 11th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing AVCHD into FCP????

Hello all, I'm about to start editing a 3Cam project in FCP on my Mac Tower. The footage is from 2 EX3 Cameras and a Sony HDR-XR100.

The Problem is i can't seem to import the HDR Raw MTS Files into FCP....

Do i have to convert these files or wrap them in something in order to import them and combine them with the EX Footage? The AVCHD Format is New to me and i am pretty much lost.

any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank You for your time

Shawn
Shawn Dooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Dooling View Post
Hello all, I'm about to start editing a 3Cam project in FCP on my Mac Tower. The footage is from 2 EX3 Cameras and a Sony HDR-XR100.

The Problem is i can't seem to import the HDR Raw MTS Files into FCP....

Do i have to convert these files or wrap them in something in order to import them and combine them with the EX Footage? The AVCHD Format is New to me and i am pretty much lost.

any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank You for your time

Shawn
If the cameras are available: Log and Transfer

If the cameras are NOT available: Use Toast to convert the .mts files to whatever codec suits your fancy. I generally use ProRes or DvcProHD
Reuben Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Major Player

You need the whole card folder structure to use log and transfer in Final Cut, not just the mts files.

If you're trying to use multi-cam editing, you'll have to render it into the same format as the ex3's.......
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have no problem with log&transfer to ProRes if the complete folder is copied. Make sure to direct the search to the correct folder and under log&transfer settings choose ProRes option ( default is apple intermediate)
Hanno di Rosa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion