DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Power director 9 Ultra (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/488485-power-director-9-ultra.html)

Ron Cooper December 5th, 2010 06:50 PM

Power director 9 Ultra

Has anyone looked at this :

CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra Review

It is supposed to work up to 24mpps and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out at this bit rate and if they can see much difference to other editors that only process up to18Mpps.

RonC

Jeffrey Cheng December 7th, 2010 01:47 AM

24Mbps AVCHD is supported

In the new PowerDirector 9 it supports 1920x1080 24Mbps, 1440x1080 24Mbps.
When I click on the detailed property, it says 22500000 bps.
I believe this is a variable bitrate, with the peak bitrate to be 24Mbps.

Bruce Phung December 12th, 2010 12:15 AM

I just try out the Cyberlink Power Director 9.0 64 bit and I compare it to vegas pro 10 64 bit. In vegas I can do anything and is so easy to learn and do. I just not used to their interface and I got loss every where, I find it is to complicate to do what I can do in Vegas. But there are somethingI I like about Power Director 9 64 bit but not enough to win me over. I guess I'll stay in Vegas forever and ever. Vegas pro 10 is good, but just not as good as PD9 mention below. PC is i7 920 desktop 6gigs DDR3

PD9 on the plus side, its play back HD video in.
1) real time and very smooth, when you selected preview in full HD, it will stay in HD, where Vegas change itself back and forth
2) scrub is also very good
3) Output AVCHD 24mbps

Bruce Phung December 13th, 2010 12:19 AM

After spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to use this program. I finally got around how to use it. I don't like it. The part I hate the most is that when I play the preview video and any time you move the mouse or anything and the preview stop playing, sucks big time, same as Corel studio Pro 2X.

Jeffrey Cheng December 27th, 2010 09:52 AM

24mbps versus 16mbps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Cooper (Post 1595272)
Has anyone looked at this :

CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra Review

It is supposed to work up to 24mpps and I was wondering if anyone has tried it out at this bit rate and if they can see much difference to other editors that only process up to18Mpps.

RonC

I tried to convert my 1920x1080 video (H.264 at 45mbps, captured by Canon 5D Mark II), and render them into 24mbps and 16mbps.

Frankly I only see very slight differences and that happens normally when it comes to a scene that the shooter pans the camera quickly. But again the difference is not significant for me.

I tried to capture a still image from both for a side-by-side comparison, and the quality is not significant, either.

However I firmly believe there are always a group of people who can easily tell the difference because they just have the "eagle eyes". The same thing applied on your home stereo system. Someone simply have "golden ears" that can easily tell the audio difference after a very sight tweaking.

That's would be the reason why there are many HD videos offered for download at H.264 80mbps. :)