How do I stream avchd video from dns-323 to Sony Blu Ray Player or Directv HR-24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old December 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #1
New Boot

How do I stream avchd video from dns-323 to Sony Blu Ray Player or Directv HR-24

Hi everyone, first post here. Sorry if it's in the wrong subforum. Mods feel free to move as necessary.

I plan on getting a canon vixia m31 for christmas. I know that it records to avchd format. I have a DNS-323 NAS that I plan on archiving my home videos to. I want to be able to play back from the network in full 1080p. I've been looking at some network media streamers, especially the upcoming Netgear NTV550, but I think it may be overkill for what I want. I currently have an xbox360, a directv HR24 receiver, and a Sony BDP-S550 blu ray player. All of them are network capable. My question is, can I stream my avchd files from the NAS to any of these devices or will I need to purchase a dedicated device?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Daniel Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Major Player

I can stream AVCHD's from my DNS323 to my WDTV over a 802.11N network for my GH1 and HF100.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #3
New Boot

do you have any complaints about the wdtv? I've read that alot of people don't like it, but thats over on the avs boards and those guys are trying to play back blu ray iso's and what not.
Daniel Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Major Player

I like my WDTV... it's a great little device. I can play back AVCHD and MOV's from my GH1, HF100 and 7D's if it's a local device/flashdrive/HD. The network isn't fast enough to stream the 7D files.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #5
New Boot

i thought the wdtv was a gigabit device? That should be plenty to stream 1080p.
Daniel Webb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion