DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   I see rolling shutter when played on one computer.. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/504283-i-see-rolling-shutter-when-played-one-computer.html)

David Pritchard January 11th, 2012 09:48 PM

I see rolling shutter when played on one computer..

Very oddly

test - YouTube

Thats an example of what I'm dealing with on my brand new tm900 cam. I was going through shutter speeds on full 60p to see if it was still there and it was. However, when i played the same file back on another computer I couldnt see it, the other computer had less resolution so maybe it was there but I couldn't tell. So can a graphics card create errors in video like this?

David Pritchard January 11th, 2012 10:00 PM

Re: I see rolling shutter when played on one computer..

Well wow, Ive just realized it changes place each time... so its not rolling shutter on the camera its being created by my graphics card and even after rendering and compiling then uploading to youtube it stays in the file, errors created by my graphics card I guess. When I'm importing I'm just dragging straight from folder to folder.

Anyone got any idea??? :(

Eric Olson January 11th, 2012 10:59 PM

Maybe your computer is too slow to play h264 encoded 60p video.

David Pritchard January 11th, 2012 11:33 PM

but surely that wouldn't cause it to encode incorrectly as well? My computer is pretty beefy anyhow so im pretty sure thats not the problem. 8 gigs Ram, i7 processor and an nvidia cuda graphics card with about 1 gig ram.

Justin Molush January 11th, 2012 11:43 PM

When playing back the video I see no rolling shutter skew?

What do you mean encode incorrectly?

David Pritchard January 12th, 2012 06:10 AM

Strange, I see it clearly on both computers however! I've found if I use the dvd that came with the cam to convert the video to slightly less bitrate and a different format it can handle it. Apparently panasonic has some weird way of compressing that nothing really supports...

R Geoff Baker January 12th, 2012 10:01 AM

I am watching this on a high-res monitor, from the 1080 file, after waiting for the whole file to buffer -- I don't see ANY rolling shutter.

What I do see is some high shutter speed artifacting during the pan -- it looks a little stuttery. But that looks to me like the expected effect of using a shutter other than 360 degrees, a crisp image & progressive playback.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, or why you're ascribing to the causes you are -- but I don't see it on my playback system.

HTH
GB