DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Problems editing AVCHD in Adobe Premiere CS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/505463-problems-editing-avchd-adobe-premiere-cs5.html)

Nishen Singh February 22nd, 2012 12:29 PM

Problems editing AVCHD in Adobe Premiere CS5

Hi All,
I am a newbie to this forum. I have been experience a lot of problems editing AVCHD in Adobe Premiere CS5. My problem is that I am trying to output the edited footage onto DVD but when i send it to Encore the final output is jerky. Is there any setting that can assist me with a smooth footage? Please advise urgently.

Camera : Sony AX 2000
TV System: PAL
Computer specs: Core 2 duo 2.4GHZ, 8GB Ram, 2 TB HDD, Graphics card :MSI 8800GTX.

Jay West February 22nd, 2012 02:35 PM

Re: Problems editing AVCHD in Adobe Premiere CS5

It might help if you could more specific about the "final output" that is jerky?

Is it your final output in PPro that is jerky (that is, is timeline playback "jerky" before you send the project to Encore?).

Or, are you seeing the jerkiness when previewing the "output" inside Encore after you have assembled your disk?

Or, have you burned a DVD and find that the video is jerky when you use it in a DVD player hooked to a television?

These are all different problems with different solutions.

Nishen Singh February 22nd, 2012 11:09 PM

It is after i have burnt the DVD i find that the video is jerky when it is played on a DVD player hooked to a television?

Bo Sundvall February 23rd, 2012 01:25 AM

Hi

Make sure that the field order is correct when you create the mpeg-file for the DVD. Use one of the PAL presets and check that the field order is set to upper. The field order is the order the TV lines are displayed on a TV set. In PAL the upper lines are displayed first, then the lower lines. NTSC have the opposite field order. I'm not sure that you can select the field order but in for example TMPGenc you can. (TMPGenc is another tool to create for example mpeg-files, it's not a part of Adobes products).

Regards,

/Bo

Jay West February 23rd, 2012 02:03 AM

Here in NTSC land, that jerkiness would indicate that you have used too low a bitrate for your DVD transcode or that you have a field order mismatch.

Check your transcode settings in Encore and make sure you are using the highest quality PAL DVD-Mpeg2 encodes you can use. (I'm assuming you have used "dynamic link --. send to encore" from within PPro.). Also, check you PPro timeline sequence settings. Were you using Adobe's 1080/50i AVCHD preset or were you using a 1080/25p setting? If you were using a "p" setting, create a new "i" timeline and nest or copy your timeline into a new "i" setting, re-render and then import that timeline into your Encore project. Or, if you were using an SD timeline --- some people do this because they think it makes editing easier when the project will be delivered on DVD --- try right clicking on your clips in the project bin, select "modify--->interpret footage" and change the field order there.