AVCHD returnpoints at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old July 9th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Tourist

AVCHD returnpoints

I do have Premiere elements eleven.
Also i do have a movie camera which makes avchd files like mts.
Making Dvd's from my files gives a problem.
When I have different scenes, I could make menu's.
So , I have lots of AVCHD dvd's with menu's.
And playing them, is no problem.
I do choose a menu object and then I jump to there to play it.
But when I approach the end of the menu object, I got a problem.
The playing of that menu object goes on.
It goes on with the next menu-object and so on and so on, till it reaches the end of the DVD
or I do stop it.
Is there a solution to that problem.?
Googling about this subject gives no solution.
I ask myself, is it possible to make AVCD-menu's with working returnpoints ?
The problem does exists when writing the authored movie to disk.
On hard disk it works normal, when approaching a return point, that is when I am busy editing.
I have once told it to ADOBE, and they should lose the problem. But that is years ago.

Who knows the answers.?

Frits Egelie
Frits Egelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: AVCHD returnpoints

It sounds like you are probably working with a single long video on your Encore timeline.
When you place Chapter Markers on the timeline, you can then build menus that allow the viewer to jump to and begin playback at those specific points on the timeline.
If you want the playback to stop at a particular point (the end of a particular segment) and return to menu, or do something else- this is called an End Action.
End Actions are only available to use at the end of the video clip, not at chapter marker.
One way to achieve your goal is to render each of the DVD movie segments as individual video clips and place them on the Encore timeline one after the other.
At the end of each clip you will have the opportunity to choose what the next action will be.

Ooops...
I just reread your post and see that you are using Premiere Elements rather than Creative Suite- I don't know if any of this info applies to Elements.
Sorry
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #3
Tourist

BoB,

thanks for the information.
So , do i understand that it is never possible to use end action ?
then on my test project are 4 clips, with each a menu point and on each a endmarker.
Making normal PAL Dvd's with menu's are possible. Also do the clips jump to the mainmenu after playing, because they have a endmarker.
Is this never possible with AVCHD, because of its structure ??

Frits Egelie
Frits Egelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Trustee

I have no experience with the details of your specific software, but as a general matter in DVD authoring, when you have separate, discrete video clips (video "assets") on the DVD authoring timeline, you should be able to access, for each individual clip, a menu of "end action" choices that will dictate what will happen next.
It could instruct to return to the main menu, or to a different menu, or to proceed to the next clip, or a to different clip, or to simply stop, and so on.
If you are not using a formal DVD authoring program such as Adobe Encore, if you are just generating a DVD disk from the timeline of your video editing software, then these "end action" choices may not be available.
The reason being that, even though there are separate clips on the video editing timeline, the DVD authoring feature of your editing program renders the entire timeline as a single DVD clip- so no interior "end action" instructions are possible.
I do not think that the particular video format (AVCVHD, for example) would be a factor in the issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion