How to get a DCR-SR80 to be recognized by computer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old January 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #1
Trustee

How to get a DCR-SR80 to be recognized by computer?

I am trying to extract the HD contents from a DCR-SR80 handcam from sony onto my hard drive. I have the base plugged in and the USB cable to my computer, but it doesn't recognize it at all. Is there a menu setting I have to find for this to work? Do I need to install the ImageMixer DVD software or something for this to transfer to me computer? My USB works for my card reader and my External USB portable hard drive, but when I plug in the USB base (From the DCR-SR80) to the computer with XP, it doesn't see it at all. Any ideas?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Major Player

I think youre in the wrong forum brother. But I thi nk you do have to install the software. then you capture thru the software and then copy the clips where you want. Thats how my sister does with her 30gig model.

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks, I am not sure which forum to be in for this :

Do you have any idea how I can make a DVD using the DCR camcorder but using only specific files on the HDD?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #4
Tourist

Hey, if you haven't copied your videos from you DCRSR80 to your computer yet, here's how to go about it. Connect your SR80 using the cable that it came with. You mentioned the unit was sitting on the docking station, make sure it's not loosely seated. Now swing the lcd screen of the SR80 open. You should see 'USB Select' and three options. Touch HDD. That will get the computer to recognize the SR80 as an external drive. Now, just navigate to the folder on the SR80 that contains your videos and you're all set.

Hope this helps.Jan
Janus Hillman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion