Press Release: Panasonic AG-HSC1U (3CCD AVCHD) - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old March 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #46
Trustee

Panasonic named it a pro camcorder in their press release but to them, it’s really a last minute camcorder. With all the picture adjustments that this camcorder has, it’s definitely a pro camcorder compared to their own HDC-SD1, the Canon HV20 and the Sony HC7. Compared to the Sony A1u, that’s a different story and if they have included a focusing ring it would have been just as, or more professional than the Sony HC1.

Besides with that price, you get a 4 gig memory card, hard drive storage unit and their professional warranty that includes 1 year parts and labor compared to their consumer warranty of just 3 months labor and 1 year parts that’s offered to the HDC-SD1.

Anyway, if you truly want a camcorder that is more than capable of producing a low budget independent film than you might as well consider the 60 gig JVC GZ-HD7. It has similar features that are in the Panasonic AG-HSC1U but with the added bonus of a focusing ring around the lens. I’m almost certain that it’s going to have a 24p feature but it really doesn’t matter if it doesn’t because unless you’re converting to film, a focusing ring is infinite times more important than 24p.

Now if you don’t like the JVC GZ-HD7, then you could wait about a month to see what will be unveiling at the NAB.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...Model=AG-HSC1U

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; March 16th, 2007 at 06:56 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
"Fast, accurate Auto Focus with no hunting! (Manual Focus as well)"

It’s too bad that I didn’t try testing the manual focusing capability of this camcorder. For Panasonic’s next AVCHD camcorder, a focusing ring around the lens better be included or I’ll go berserk.
At least Panasonic does pay attention to its costumers by saying that the auto focusing doesn’t hunt.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:49 AM   #48
New Boot

I must say that I was very impressed with the speed of focussing on the Panasonic SD1. It is noticably faster even than Canon's Instant AF on the HV10. The focussing even worked while zooming and at very high zoom-factors.
Chris Wren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion