XDV 3.5 and XP SP2?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old August 14th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Major Player

XDV 3.5 and XP SP2??

Never mind, found the answer. only up to sp1a. that should take care of my HD issue.

Last edited by Bill Mecca; August 14th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Major Player

well it didn't work so here's the scoop

I am still using a Laird Dvora system from 2002. the media drive went a bit whacky. I was able to recover the data, and bought a 320gig usb backup and a 400 gig internal EIDE (using the included SATA adapter. (Laird told me just to get an EIDE). 320 gig USB drive works great. the 400 gig is another story. Updated to SP1, did the registry edit for LBA, but still the first 90 gig partition formats in about 25 minutes, next, gets to 45% and then bogs down, another 10 percent in a couple hours. after going all night it is now at 88%. At this rate it will take days to format the entire drive.

All software sees the drive as the correct size (372 gig) so I don't think it's a bios issue. This is the second drive, the first did teh same thing and was returned as defective to WD. (that was before I knew of the size limits of 137 gig pre SP1.)

any thoughts?
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family