Exporting to avi issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old September 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #1
New Boot

Exporting to avi issue

Can anyone give me advice on exporting a high quality avi file from avid? We are trying to export an avi file that we can then run through Windows Media Encoder to get a multi-bit rate wmv file for the web, but we are running into a strange error. Normally I use Sony Vegas, but I work with a broadcast team that uses avid. They have two Avid Media Composers that store their source files onto a shared drive. We'd like to be able to export their projects to a 360x240 Cinepak codec avi file of 95% quality. And we have been able to do this with no problems, as long as the project was started and finished on a single computer. However, every time that a project was worked on by each of the two avids, we get the following export error when trying to create the avi:

"An error was encountered while performing Send to export using Eport Setting 1 (filename). See the console for more information."

When I first heard that the problem was occurring only when the project was done using both computers, I thought it had something to do with source file recognition between the computers. But like I said, I'm told that all of the source files on the timeline are on a shared drive. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
Dan Gadd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family