HDV 60i 1440x1080 Edited Footage to SD DVD Output at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old April 4th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #1
Tourist

HDV 60i 1440x1080 Edited Footage to SD DVD Output

Please help,
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I have a question on how to produce a DVD out of HDV footage. I own a Canon XH-A1 HDV and have shot some test footage. I use Avid Liquid 7.2 for the editing after I have captured the footage on my PC and edited the footage on my timeline set to the preset of 1440 x 1080i. Now I need to produce a standard compliant DVD.
I heard lots about "shoot in HD, edit in HD and downconvert to SD for production to client on DVD".
What are my options? and how do I go about it?
Thank you
Christian Tsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Yes. It is very easy to make a DVD from Avid Liquid 7.x. Use fit x or fit y for scaling and change your timeline stttings for downconvert. Then choose DVD in the right hand corner of the interface.

Sorry for very abrreviated response. You can search the forum for more detailed posted on Avid Liquid workflow.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family