DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Problems with Avid Liquid 7.2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/118699-problems-avid-liquid-7-2-a.html)

Steven Garay April 6th, 2008 02:17 AM

Problems with Avid Liquid 7.2

Greetings all, I have been editing with Liquid for about three months now. I have been able to capture and import footage fine up until a day ago when the program suddenly wouldn't recognize my JVC HD100 for capture and I also cannot import M2T files into my project. I have not changed any settings in my project. The only thing I can think of is that I captured 60i footage from a cheap Panasonic camera a day ago and this might have triggered something. Anyone know why? Thanks in advance for your replies.

David Parks April 6th, 2008 09:09 PM

Try going to Edit>Control Settings>Player Settings and check to see if the JVC seetings have been reset.

Cheers

Steven Garay April 6th, 2008 11:30 PM

Hello David, I checked the player settings. The jvc settings are still there and the firewire connection is still reading. When I plug the cam in the "device not ready" signal turns into a "stop" signal and there is no acknowledgment in the EZ Capture screen. I don't know what has happened to the program. Another thing that is happening now is that I can't send a clip into the timeline. I mark an in and out point in the clip viewer but when I press B nothing happens. Again I have not changed any settings. I know nothing is wrong with my camera because I captured into Sony Vegas to test it out. I am trying to avoid reinstalling the program because I like figuring out the problem in case in happens again. I started a new project and I can import M2T's into that project but still can't on the current project I'm working on. Thanks for your suggestion and let me know if you think of anything else. Best Regards

Jim Boda April 7th, 2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Garay (Post 855557)
...I checked the player settings. The jvc settings are still there and the firewire connection is still reading. When I plug the cam in the "device not ready" signal turns into a "stop" signal and there is no acknowledgment in the EZ Capture screen. I don't know what has happened to the program. ...

Have you tried using the import wizard and not going through EZ Capture?

I recently had all kinds of trouble w/ QUICKTIME after an upgrade. What version of Quicktime are you running?

Steven Garay April 7th, 2008 09:22 PM

Hello Jim, Yes I have tried the import wizard and to no avail. I am using Quicktime 7.3.1 and incidently, I have never been able to export a quicktime without either the sound out of sync or the 16:9 ignored for 4:3. I export as uncompressed AVI. Anyway, I believe the problem might have been triggered by a system restore I performed 3 days ago. That's the only explanation I can give. This program has always been buggy for me. I'm going to give Vegas a run. Thanks for the support.

Jim Boda April 8th, 2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Garay (Post 856134)
Hello Jim, Yes I have tried the import wizard and to no avail. I am using Quicktime 7.3.1 and incidently, I have never been able to export a quicktime without either the sound out of sync or the 16:9 ignored for 4:3. I export as uncompressed AVI. Anyway, I believe the problem might have been triggered by a system restore I performed 3 days ago. That's the only explanation I can give. This program has always been buggy for me. I'm going to give Vegas a run. Thanks for the support.

It's always been until rock solid program for me...until I upgraded the Quicktime program. QT 7.2 had some serious problems...I couldn't even import a graphic without it crashing Liquid. I was surprised to learn that QT was so buggy. Just upgraded to 7.4.5, and those problems magically disapeared. But, now my blackIce firewall thinks QT is a trojan.

There are some noted problems with QT and I believe that the official stance on Quicktime is to use a much earlier version than what you have.

Sounds like you may also need to do a clean install of Liquid...although I have never done that since my original install of Liquid Edition 5 a few years ago.