best app for cataloguing media for Avid/Mac? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Major Player

best app for cataloguing media for Avid/Mac?

Hi there,

Now using a card-based camera (Sony EX1) - - backing up, archiving and cataloguing media has become more important than ever. I'm watching a training tutorial for this camera, and the guy recommends MediaFiler... but it's not available for Mac OS.

Is there something else that people on this forum think is really good, on the Mac side?

thanks, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello,

Imagine Products just came out with a nice little app to compliment the EX line of camcorders. It assists the user in offloading and backing up the EX media simultaneously. I believe it includes some search functions, but you can also use metadata with a tool such as Spotlight to assist media management.

http://www.imagineproducts.com/ShotPut_EXpress.html

Have a great day,
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks, Cale,
Yes, ShotPut EXpress is a great little product, mostly for offloading files from camera card to hard drive(s), I think... I'm looking more for something that will help me keep track of what media is ending up where (hard drives, DVDs, etc.). MediaFiler does this admirably, on the Windows side.
Cheers,
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family