DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Videoguys Media Composer 3.0 FAQ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/122762-videoguys-media-composer-3-0-faq.html)

Gary Bettan May 30th, 2008 05:32 PM

Videoguys Media Composer 3.0 FAQ

Videoguys' Avid Media Composer FAQ

We have been getting a lot of questions about the exciting new Avid Media Composer 3.0 and we'd like to share some of the most common answers with you to help you get "A Whole New Way of Thinking from Avid"

Now that Avid has officially offered trade-up pricing to Xpress Pro owners ($495) and Liquid owners ($1,495) we are getting even more questions asking why folks should upgrade and what makes Medai Composer so great.

There have been significant changes over at Avid this year. A new management team has been put in place to re-vitalize the company and return Avid to the forefront of the video editing and post production market. At NAB2008 the new Avid Media Composer software and hardware was announced. The Videoguys have had the chance to meet with the new management, product, marketing and sales teams. We are very excited about what the future holds for Avid editors. We have put together this FAQ to better explain some of these changes and what they mean for you. We have broken it down into several areas:

1. Avid New Thinking
2. Media Composer 3.0
3. MojoDX Hardware
4. Tech Tips & Tricks

Check it out http://www.videoguys.com/mcsoft_faq.html

Gary

Mike Meyerson May 31st, 2008 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info Gary. 3.0 looks much improved...just the fact that it will take advantage of multi-cores is a big +.

I am going to upgrade (from XPRO), just would like to wait until I get through a couple LARGE projects I'm in the middle of. If I wait another month or 2, will I still get the $495 upgrade price? Or is that going to increase when 3.0 is released? I'd also like to see how "buggie" 3.0 will be (since it looks like a major update)...and maybe wait until some of those bugs are sorted out in 3.1.

Devin Termini June 1st, 2008 10:20 PM

This is a very good resource, thanks Gary!

Gary Bettan September 24th, 2008 07:14 PM

NEW! Avid MojoDX Hardware TRADE-UP with Avid Media Composer v3.0 UPGRADE for Avid Owners

If you currently own Avid Xpress Pro or Avid Media Composer v2.x with Avid Mojo or Avid Mojo SDI hardware you can take advantage of this special trade-up & upgrade offer to the latest Avid software and hardware bundle - the Avid Media Composer MojoDX! Your hardware is your key to big savings... here's how it works:

1) Order Avid MojoDX with Avid Media Composer v3 Upgrade for $7,495.00 and you'll also receive a FREE Class on Demand Training DVD and FREE Red Giant Trapcode Shine

2) Complete this Avid Mojo/Mojo SDI Trade-up form http://www.videoguys.com/images/PDF/...tradein-08.pdf and fax it to Videoguys.com at 516-671-3092 or email custserv@videoguys.com

3) You will then receive a return authorization for your Avid Mojo or Avid Mojo SDI with shipping information to return your hardware to Videoguys.com.

4) When we receive your Avid Mojo trade-in we'll refund the $1,000 rebate back to the same credit card used for your order

Trade in your Avid Mojo or Avid Mojo SDI and save $1,000 on Avid MojoDX with Avid Media Composer v3.0 Upgrade, plus a FREE COD Training DVD & Red Giant Trapcode Shine

Avid MojoDX $6,495.00 After Trade-in

Videoguys 800-323-2325 Avid Media Composer 3 with Mojo DX upgrade $7495

Gary

Larry Price September 25th, 2008 05:07 AM

Gary,

This sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately, I've already upgraded to MC 3.0 and don't need another copy. But I have two Mojos and a Mojo SDI, (the SDI and one of the analog Mojos were bought from you, by the way) and I'd gladly trade any or all of them towards a Mojo DX. Has Avid given you resellers any information about a hardware-only trade-up program for people like me? Surely I'm not the only customer in this situation!

Thanks

Gary Bettan September 25th, 2008 07:26 AM

Larry,

We had hoped to have this program months ago. I expect that more users then just you jumped on the MC3 upgrade by now. It's worth every penny.

Fortunately Avid has given us some flexibility for just this situation. I can take $495 off the trade in price and not include the MC3 upgrade.

I can't do this on the web via buy now button, you need to call in the order. Download the form http://www.videoguys.com/images/PDF/...tradein-08.pdf and include your system ID and your upgrade MC3 serial number. Fax it in, then give me a call and we'll get you going.

Note: One MOJO/MojoSDI trade in per MojoDX. You can trade in all 3 of yours towards 3 new MojoDX. For those shops looking at potentially multiple MojoDX, give me a call and I'll see what additional savings I can offer.

Gary

Larry Price September 30th, 2008 05:40 AM

Thanks for the response, Gary. I wish I could take you up on it right now, but unfortunately, I can't swing the financing at the moment. I'm hoping to be able to do something sometime after the first of the year - provided the global financial system doesn't meltdown in the next few weeks! In any case, when I'm ready, you can be sure I'll call Videoguys. You guys have always been great!

Aloha

Gary Bettan December 12th, 2008 12:07 PM

New thinking -> New offer -> MojoDX under $5K

Well it looks like some of the folks at Avid are listening and reading what is going on in these threads. We’ve been given a channel wide program that allows us to offer existing Avid Editors an upgrade to MojoDX for under $5,000. You don’t have to trade in any hardware, all you need is a registered Xpress Pro or Media Composer 2.x dongle. The upgrade to MojoDX includes MC 3 upgrade and all 3rd party software.

I've updated the MC3 FAQ to reflect some additional info and this promotion

Videoguys Avid Media Composer FAQ

Gary

David Parks December 12th, 2008 01:56 PM

Gary,

Does this lower DX price also apply to those of us who already have upgraded to MC 3.0??

Gary Bettan December 12th, 2008 02:09 PM

> Does this lower DX price also apply to those of us who already have upgraded to MC 3.0??

Very good question. Yes it does. Since you already upgraded to MC3, you do not need another upgrade for it. So I will gladly take the software upgrade out of the MojoDX upgrade and take $500 off your price. So for MC 3 owners, the cost to upgrade to MojoDX hardware only is $4,495.

I don;t have a 'buy now' button for that offer on our website. You can call in the order and I'll give it to you. If you want to order on line. Just write in the comments section to "Keep the MC3 Upgrade, and give me $500 off", and we'll do just that when we process your order.

Gary

Gary Bettan December 15th, 2008 10:09 AM

Over the weekend I received several inquiries from Media Composer 3.x owners looking to purchase just the Mojo DX hardware on this promotion. This morning I went in and added it as an option to our Mojo DX page Mojo DX hardware only $4,495

Gary

Gary Bettan January 28th, 2009 10:17 AM

Mojo DX Offer expires 1/31/09

Looks like the MojoDX promotions we are running are going to expire a
little sooner then we planned. I guess that's good news, because it
means the promotion was successful and we moved through the inventory.

We still have a few units left. To recap:

MojoDX hardware with Media Composer 3 upgrade (for MC 2.x or Xpress
Pro owners) $4,995

Gary
Videoguys 800-323-2325 Avid Mojo DX w / MC 3 upgrade $4,995