Canon 24f at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Canon 24f

While I'm working through a unrelated problem with Avid I ran across this:

( The Canon XH A1 has the ability to shoot in a 24f mode in HDV. In order to capture that footage into Media Composer, NewsCutter or Symphony, you must either capture it into a 1080p/23.976 project via HD SDI (using the Adrenaline, Nitris DX, Mojo DX, or Nitris), or capturing into a 1080i/59.94 HDV project via fire wire direct into the system.

In the first instance, the footage will be captured as DNxHD (no loss in quality.) If you capture via fire wire, the footage will remain native HDV.

To maintain the progressive "look" of the footage in the 1080i/59.94 project, you can apply a Timewarp > FluidFilm 2:3 Cadence effect to your finished sequence, or, to speed up your sequence to 125%, you can apply a Timewarp > Pulldown Removal effect. )

Interesting!!!
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Major Player

I wonder how long this "workaround" will linger on. Why can't they just give support for Canon's frame modes like most all other viable NLE's. :-\
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM   #3
Trustee

Avid has finally announced that they are working on supporting 24F. It will come out in a future release of Media Composer. No exact ETA.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Feel sorry for you 24f guys, I have nothing to work around in 25f, just capture in 50i mode and then switch to 25p mode once I begin editing (MC3) and no issues when I have to output.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #5
Trustee

Well finally good news on this front. The latest version of Media Composer, 3.5 officially supports 24F.

Canon 24F in 3.5 - Avid Community
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
Well finally good news on this front. The latest version of Media Composer, 3.5 officially supports 24F.

Canon 24F in 3.5 - Avid Community
Well, will wonders ever cease :-\ Must be a misprint :)
Bill Busby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family