DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Importing pictures into avid express pro look horrible need help!!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/140502-importing-pictures-into-avid-express-pro-look-horrible-need-help.html)

Torrey C. Harris December 29th, 2008 09:16 PM

Importing pictures into avid express pro look horrible need help!!!!!

I've got a buddy who owns a avid express studio system
he is trying to import some jpeg pics into his timeline. When he imports the pics and puts them on the timeline they look horrible and they look horrible when he outputs to a dvd.

almost blurry looking he says

any tricks or settings he needs to change

any help greatly appreciated!!!!!

Peter Szilveszter December 29th, 2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrey C. Harris (Post 985850)
I've got a buddy who owns a avid express studio system
he is trying to import some jpeg pics into his timeline. When he imports the pics and puts them on the timeline they look horrible and they look horrible when he outputs to a dvd.

almost blurry looking he says

any tricks or settings he needs to change

any help greatly appreciated!!!!!

Try using the Avid Pan & Zoom and load the image via the plugin, works pretty well and you even have some options to select what filter you use when you zoom into the image.

here is a tutorial Using Pan and Zoom with Avid Xpress - Final Cut Studio, Avid, Adobe, and Video Streaming Training

I think the image size limit is 3000x3000

Vinh Nguyen Quang December 29th, 2008 10:36 PM

In Control Panel of Avid, choose imagge import option, check to fix screen.Your jpeg images will fix the size of your timeline

Peter Szilveszter December 29th, 2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen Quang (Post 985889)
In Control Panel of Avid, choose imagge import option, check to fix screen.Your jpeg images will fix the size of your timeline

This still gives you low image quality, the Avid Pan & Zoom is specifically designed for importing still images to maintain the higher resolutions.

Richard Alvarez December 30th, 2008 08:39 AM

Avid Pan and ZOom is the way to go. IT gives you the option of changing the resolution and also the fields. Make sure when he imports the stills, he is selecting the right formats. It's a very good program, I just did a ten minute video of all pan/scans - looks beautiful.

Tito Haggardt December 30th, 2008 02:31 PM

Photoshop the Jpegs
adjust the pixels to match the project (image/ pixal aspect ratio)
adjust the size to match the project (image/ image size)
save as a tif or pict (file/save as/format)
drop them in a bin
edit them in
aloha
tito

Peter Szilveszter December 30th, 2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tito Haggardt (Post 986224)
Photoshop the Jpegs
adjust the pixels to match the project (image/ pixal aspect ratio)
adjust the size to match the project (image/ image size)
save as a tif or pict (file/save as/format)
drop them in a bin
edit them in
aloha
tito

This is ok if you just want a full screen image, but if you want to pan or zoom on the image this gives very poor results. As said earlier use Pan & Zoom for images regardless of aspect or size, nothing else will give as good results within Avid other then using Avid FX.

Tito Haggardt December 31st, 2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter (Post 986333)
This is ok if you just want a full screen image, but if you want to pan or zoom on the image this gives very poor results. As said earlier use Pan & Zoom for images regardless of aspect or size, nothing else will give as good results within Avid other then using Avid FX.

thanks Peter
i will give it a go
tito