Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old September 12th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5

What they've done is renamed the higher-end Liquid Purple to Liquid Edition, and they're selling it at the current Edition price. They've unbundled the addon apps like Commotion and Impression, and they're selling those as a Productivity Pack. Upgrade price for current Edition owners is $49, and its shipping later this month. Can't wait to try out those superb color correction tools.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...93&Langue_ID=7

JP
Joe Pasarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #2
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Actually they've added the Purple feature set to Edition. The new color correction tool is the most powerful I've seen to date.

The dynamic slow motion controls give Edition a feature that I've always LOVED about Vegas.

The networking capabilites are very cool and a sure sign of things to come.

The Xsens feature is onethat Pinnacle is sure to leverage more and more in the future. For now you can share clips with Commotion Pro, After Effects and Flash. More is coming soon.

Pinnacle has also tweaked the engine a bit and you can now push Edition to 10 layers of video in real-time on a dual hyperthreaded machine!

Anyone who buys Edition 5 today gets a FREE upgrade to Liquid Edition. Those who purchased Edition after a certain date (which i do not yet have) will also qulaify for a FREE upgrade. All other Edition 5 owners can upgrade for $49.95 (I think Edition 4.5 owners qualify for this as well - but I am not sure)

Gary
Videoguys.com
Old September 12th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #3
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Gary Bettan :
Anyone who buys Edition 5 today gets a FREE upgrade to Liquid Edition. Those who purchased Edition after a certain date (which i do not yet have) will also qulaify for a FREE upgrade. All other Edition 5 owners can upgrade for $49.95 (I think Edition 4.5 owners qualify for this as well - but I am not sure)

Gary
Videoguys.com -->>>

I visited their web site and I didn't see this offer. Please provide the link. Thanks.

Sam
Sam Tenizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

It's not posted yet, which is why I don't have the exact cut off dates.

Gary
Old September 12th, 2003, 03:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Heres the web address for the upgrade. It still says pre-order.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=57&doclink=/edition/edition5.asp&fam=1074&Category_ID=2
Old September 12th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #6
Trustee

I wouldn't trust Pinnacle with their upgrade offers, I tried to upgrade my DV500/Premiere to Edition with their $55 Upgrade program and didn't hear squat from them. I filled out their online form, got a form recieved e-mail saying that the upgrade info would come in a second e-mail, and theat e-mail never came.

I've been using the DV500/Premiere since it came out in 2000 and it was nothing but problems until they came out with the V3.0 driver 18months after release. Now it's stable but outdated and Pinnacle will no longer support it. Pinnacle can go and bite their own a**es for all I care. I supported their product and help other get the best out of it, if thats the way they treat customers, offering bogus upgrade deals etc then I'm done with them.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family