Mixed 24f and 30f in 1080/30p Timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old March 25th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Mixed 24f and 30f in 1080/30p Timeline

Just FYI for those who haven't upgraded to version 4.

I just got through testing mixing Canon 24f and 30f footage in a 29.97 timeline in Avid version 4. And it really works.

A little wacky workflow come to find out but interesting.

First, you must digitize into the project format that was shot. In this case for 24f, a 1080/23.98 project set to 1440x1080 raster. No problems digitizing.

Then you create a 1080/30p or 1080/59.97 project for digitizing 30f. In this case I created a 30p project.

You then just open the bins from the 24p project into the 30p, and then start editing. If the motion doesn't look quite right, there is a selection call adjust motion adaptors under clip. Also, you might have to render clips depending on the performance of you machine.

I could play the clips in real-time but rendered a couple out of curiosity and the render was very fast. Much faster the FCP.

Very cool, now we'll start a lot of our stuff at 24 frames.

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family