Media Composer 5 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Asseff View Post
George,

I am in the beginning of learning MC5, so bear with me. I am unable to see my D: drive in MC5. I go to media creation and shows all other drives (flash,usb drives) but not internal SATA D: drive. How do I get MC5 to see it? My system is window 7 intel i7 6gigs ram .

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan,

Why aren't you on the phone to Avid? If you just bought MC5, surely you have support...
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:51 PM   #47
Major Player

Perrone,
I don't have the time right now. I am buried with work(other business)and editing two weddings,play,graduations ect.I hope in two months I will be able to really get versed in MC5.I think you were right about how amazing this program is. Where are the updated manuals for MC5? I can't wait to really learn
this program.Is the support free?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #48
Trustee

Dan,

It sounds to me that MC4 may not have uninstalled completely. This can happen for various reasons from not following all the little nitty gritty instructions in the Readme, to who knows what.

Before you uninstall MC5 and wipe out everything on your computer named Avid, you may want to try the following:

The Avid application folder contains a folder called Settings. I'd try deleting the MC State, Site Settings, and Site Attributes files inside the Settings folder. These files will rebuild, so don't worry about deleting them.

HTH.
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Also it might be worth it to see if you accidentally unmounted your drives. Not sure if that's even possible, but do a File > Mount All if you can.
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #50
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
Dan,

It sounds to me that MC4 may not have uninstalled completely. This can happen for various reasons from not following all the little nitty gritty instructions in the Readme, to who knows what.

Before you uninstall MC5 and wipe out everything on your computer named Avid, you may want to try the following:

The Avid application folder contains a folder called Settings. I'd try deleting the MC State, Site Settings, and Site Attributes files inside the Settings folder. These files will rebuild, so don't worry about deleting them.

HTH.
Dan,

I want to correct my post, I wrote it while not in front of my editing computer. The state and site settings usually exist in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings.

But the folders can also exist elsewhere depending on where you store projects. So I would suggest doing a Windows search for them. Also, the spacing in the file names I listed is incorrect. The correct names are:

MCState
Site_Attributes
Site_Settings

Finally, I did not mention anything about user settings. Do a Windows search for *.avs. Then delete only the file your_username.avs.

Of course, store a copy of the files, somewhere else on your computer. I've never heard of deleting these files causing a problem. But it's still good to make a copies and put them in a folder somewhere else on your drive.

Sorry and HTH.

-Peter

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family