Client monitor card supported by 3 NLE's? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Client monitor card supported by 3 NLE's?

I moved away from AVID and now with MC 5 am thinking of coming back to the fold.

I like using Edius for some projects and I am being asked quite a bit lately to edit projects that have already been started in Premiere.

What I need is another video card that can be used for an HD Client Monitor that is supported by AVID/Edius/Premiere CS4 or CS5.

Are there any that are supported by all 3?
Denny Lajeunesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Well,

The Nvidia Quadro cards are essentially a REQUIREMENT for CS5 and Avid, and I know that NVidia cards are at least supported in Edius, and I believe they use the CUDA technology to accelerate AVCHD playback. So I think that's your silver bullet.

From the Grass Valley webpage for Edius 5:

Graphics Card

* A graphics card supported by Direct3D 9.0c or later, and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
o For SD editing: 128 MB or larger required, 256 MB or larger recommended
o For HD editing: 256 MB or larger required, 512 MB or larger recommended

The Quadro cards meet this spec, so it seems like you're safe.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Major Player

I just got MC4/ waiting for MC5 upgrade, and would love to have the new Matrox mini.
This guide has been updated in MAY, 2010 with information regarding Matrox MXO2 Mini support for Avid Media Composer 5 and Matrox MXO2 Mini with MAX support for the Adobe CS5 Mercury Playback Engine!
Videoguys Blog - Matrox MXO2 Mini - Great Things DO Come in Small Packages!
and all for $449.00. The only thing I don't know if it works with Edius.

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Dan,

I don't think the Matrox works with Edius. Grass Valley has their own I/O cards that they support in Edius. Like you, I am eagerly awaiting MC5. I've got a MX02 box with MAX on the way, so I am eager to see how it does.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:18 AM   #5
Major Player

Yeah, I have a quadro 9500GT 1gb now. Of course MS made them remove theater mode.

Would be nice if the second card was usable by more than one system. Could I use a second quadro to runa client monitor (3rd monitor)?
Denny Lajeunesse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family