Hopefully stupid MC6 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hopefully stupid MC6 question

I've been editing on Premiere CS5 for a couple years now. Overall, I like the software, but I'm getting frustrated at the limit of 4 cameras in the multicam editing model. I do concert shoots where larger numbers of cameras are not uncommon. (for example, I just did a shoot last week with 7 cameras).

How many cameras does the multicam mode in MC6 support? How easy is it to edit large numbers of cameras?

Thanks!

--Ben
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hopefully stupid MC6 question

This doesn't answer your question in regard to MC6 but just to give you some extra info to think about, Edius 6 allows you to use 16 camera's and editing a multicam project is easy as pie, way more efficient then what adobe premiere is offering now.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Maas View Post
I've been editing on Premiere CS5 for a couple years now. Overall, I like the software, but I'm getting frustrated at the limit of 4 cameras in the multicam editing model. I do concert shoots where larger numbers of cameras are not uncommon. (for example, I just did a shoot last week with 7 cameras).

How many cameras does the multicam mode in MC6 support? How easy is it to edit large numbers of cameras?

Thanks!

--Ben
I'm not sure the maximum cameras in Media Composer but there are two views available, the quad view (4 cameras) that I use, and a nine camera view. So you can use at least nine, in just one view.

If that's not enough, I've seen mention (by using Google search) of having multiple banks of cameras in Multicam mode. But that's beyond me.

I'm still on MC 5.5.3, and the multicam mode works well for me. Quick and intuitive.
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Awesome- that is exactly what I need to know.

Most of these shows that I've been doing lately have been right around 5-8 cameras. I've been pretty happy with Premiere but as much as I like it (and it is generally pretty fast to use), there are definitely limitations. Through a couple jobs that I work, I qualify for academic pricing for MC6 and can purchase it for a song. I've been seriously looking at giving it a go and seeing how it compares for me. I'm a long time Pro Tools user so I kind of know what to expect from Avid products.

--Ben
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Major Player

You can always give the thirty day free trial a whirl.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family