music video test at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old August 17th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

music video test

Hey,

I'm wanting to make a little music video for my daughter, it's a bit of fun for her. Dressing up and playing different roles.

She wants to play all the parts in the band. So, I was going to use close up shots of her doing the different parts.

I want a wide shot of her playing all the parts in one shot, so I was thinking of recording her, do costume changes. Then press record again of her doing the other parts.

I like to ask, is the right way so I can edit it together?

thanks
Andrew
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: music video test

The easiest way that comes to mind is to lock down the camera and make sure your lighting / exposure doesn't change between takes. Use a largish external monitor and draw onto the screen using a grease pencil to seperate exactly where each band member is going to be. Vertical lines would be easiest as you can simply crop each clip layer over a shot of the empty set. I hope I understood your question. If not, then disregard and good luck. Sounds like a fun project.
Joe Holt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family