Unable to set up multicam sequence in Premiere Pro CS5. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old September 27th, 2017, 02:42 AM   #1
Major Player

Unable to set up multicam sequence in Premiere Pro CS5.

I am trying to help a friend set up a multicam sequence in PP CS5 (5.0.3) on a Windows 7 laptop. My last Premiere experience, including multicam was many years ago on Premiere (not pro) 4.2 and 5.5.
I have created a new project with three short clips to make a sequence and placed them in a bin. According to the Adobe Community Help entry on multicam, I should be able to either right-click on the bin or the three highlighted clips and select the 'Create Multi-camera Source Sequence' dialog box, allowing the sequence to be setup.
When I right click on either the three clips or the Bin, there is no multicam option offered. I can however highlight a group of clips on the timeline and right-clicking them shows a 'Multicamera' option but it is greyed out. I can also open a multi-camera window from the main 'Window' dropdown menu but that shows two side-by-side images of the top timeline entry so is not ready for editing, (which I would expect as the sequence has not been set up).
I would be grateful if anybody could tell me where I am going wrong. I don't have any problems setting multicam up on Vegas pro or even Resolve so there must be a basic element that I am missing here.
TIA

Note to mods: Unfortunately, I have inadvertently posted it into the wrong sub-forum. If possible, could you please move this thread to the 'Adobe Creative Suite' sub-forum.

Humble apologies.

Last edited by Steve Game; September 27th, 2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Thread posted in wrong sub-forum.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 05:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Deleted

Post moved to correct Adobe sub-forum.
Steve Game is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family