Avid / Pinnacle discussions from 2003 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2003, 12:24 PM   #91
Regular Crew

Many thanks John...Downloading right now !
Old December 5th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #92
Regular Crew

Hello everyone! I've been sifting through DVInfo's & Avids threads and there has been complaints about Avid Express Pro not being able to output 24PA projects. Can anyone clarify this for me? Why would they give you the ability to edit 24PA footage but not be able to output it in 24PA? Also, if you are able to output 24PA does the program just reverse the pulldown? Please help this confused guy.

I've been trying to nail down a decision between Avid and Vegas and just when Avid looked really promising I'm beginning to shift my weight towards Vegas. And just one more question: In a few sentences or less can anyone tell me which one is the overall champion in exporting to DVD and transferring to film? Now I'm talking about projects ranging anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. Thanks guys!
Old December 6th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #93
Major Player

I believe you need the Mojo option to be able to output the 24P stuff. Damn stupid and greedy if you ask me. I don't know how Vegas decided they'll give you 24P otuput at a lower price, but AVID decides you'd need to spend another $1K to get that feature.
Old December 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM   #94
Regular Crew

I know what you mean. It's a damn shame they didn't decide to include 24pa output in Avid Express Pro!! But anyhow, that's business i guess -- sad but true.

Hey for any of those Vegas users out there, how does the color correction tools fair?
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #95
MPS Digital Studios

What about Avid?

Any word on Avid support for HDV? I'm going to be getting certified soon (what better way to get a new job), and am thinking about buying Avid Xpress DV. Let me know!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family