DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Avid / Pinnacle discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/6176-avid-pinnacle-discussions-2003-a.html)

Becky McMillen January 19th, 2003 11:59 AM

Avid / Pinnacle discussions from 2003

Anyone out there using the Boris LTD products that came with Avid 3.5.3 Powerpack? I can't seem to get it to work right. It loads but locks up and is flickery and flakes out often. I've reinstalled but get the same thing. It does the same thing when I load outside of Avid. I need a decent titler. The one in Avid just doesn't do it for me. I miss Inscriber...

All by myself out here in the Nebraska Boonies...

Becky

Ken Tanaka January 21st, 2003 01:46 PM

Avid unveils Symphony; new Mac OS X versions of apps

Quote:

Tewksbury, MA - January 21, 2003 - Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) today unveiled its Symphony system for the Macintosh platform and new Mac OS X versions of the Media Composer®, Film Composer®, and Avid Xpress® systems. Symphony v4.7 for the Mac platform will offer real-time 10-bit DVE, Ultimatte keying and color correction processing on Mac OS X, Apple's latest high-performance operating system. ...

As an introductory offering, new Avid Symphony v4.7 systems will be priced up to 22% off the regular $90,000 USMSRP through March 28, 2003.
Avid site's full press release.

Rob Lohman January 21st, 2003 04:20 PM

$90,000... damn. We could buy a lot of production and post
equipment for that kind of money.. Oh well.

Robert Knecht Schmidt January 24th, 2003 09:22 AM

I'm sorry nobody's been able to answer your question yet, Becky. If you haven't solved the problem already, one trick you can use to bring your question to the fore of the forum every so often is post a short follow-up (as I'm doing now) which will serve as a reminder that you're still having problems and will also help to alert your post to new members who might not have seen it the first time around.

(As Wrangler of the PC forum, I hate to see a thread go unanswered for weeks on end...)

Jeff Donald January 24th, 2003 08:17 PM

Becky,

BorisFX is a very customer service oriented company. Go to their web site and contact them or phone them toll free 1-888-772-6747. They will help you solve your problems.

jeff

Becky McMillen January 27th, 2003 01:10 PM

I contacted Boris. They suggested that I talk to my reseller who in turn sent me to Avid. Apparently I didn't receive the right version of the Boris FX and Graffiti. I'm trying to reach Avid at this point. I'm getting there... I hope. It takes forever to get through. I just hope I don't have to start over again. Thanks for your help!

John Beighle January 31st, 2003 12:28 AM

editing in avid with the panny 24p

i read this article today on the avid web site. avid is working with panasonic to develop the software/hardware to enable the panny 24p to work with the avid in 24 frame editing.

go to www.avid.com and click on the heading "company" at the top of the page. then click on the title "press releases" below. third scroll down until you see the date 1/17/2003 and click on it to read the article. now they say that this new feature will be used on future avid models and software; when i don't know.

john,

Chris Hurd January 31st, 2003 01:02 AM

Nice to know; I was not aware! Thanks for the link,

Richard Alvarez January 31st, 2003 06:37 AM

The ability to edit in 24p is just one of the "new" features being beta tested on Avid 4.0. Looks to be a big step up in other ways as well. The Avid board is full of rumors...

Maurice FitzGerald February 3rd, 2003 01:09 AM

Avid Free DV

(Did a search, and nobody seems to have mentioned this so far...)

According to the Avid site (www.avid.com), a simplified free version of Avid DV will be available mid-year. You can sign up to be notified. A professional friend who knows people at Avid suggests it may arrive as early as March. Any real inside info here?

Robert Knecht Schmidt February 3rd, 2003 01:32 AM

Only what's been mentioned here, I think.

Maurice FitzGerald February 3rd, 2003 01:56 AM

Tks

Thanks for the extra pointer. I did indeed only search this particular forum.

Maurice

Christopher Go April 4th, 2003 05:56 AM

Avid DNA and Avid Xpress Pro

Anyone hear about Avid's new DNA or Avid Xpress Pro products?

Richard Alvarez April 4th, 2003 07:38 AM

Yup.

Been leaking out on the Avid Forum. SHould know all about by Monday.

Richard Alvarez April 4th, 2003 07:43 AM

Here's the teaser link
www.bkproductions.net/dna/