DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   SDI Output-Input Into Avid Xpress Pro 5.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/70710-sdi-output-input-into-avid-xpress-pro-5-5-a.html)

Brad Schreiber July 2nd, 2006 01:17 PM

SDI Output-Input Into Avid Xpress Pro 5.5

Okay, as you're all aware I have several reels of Canon XLH1 24 Frame footage, and I cannot input it via Firewire without it playing erroneously (it looks sped up). So, can I input via an SDI Mojo using Serial Digital Output? What are your thoughts?

Christopher Glaeser July 2nd, 2006 01:29 PM

Brad, are you on a Mac or PC?

Best,
Christopher

Brad Schreiber July 2nd, 2006 01:37 PM

Mac or PC

I have access to both, but my main work is done on PC. I have an older Mac, a Dual 1Ghz G4 with 1 GB of RAM that runs AXP tolerably well, at least enough for a dig station.

Barlow Elton July 2nd, 2006 01:55 PM

You should be able to if the Mojo/Avid accepts an HD-SDI 1080i spec signal.

Christopher Glaeser July 2nd, 2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Schreiber
I have access to both, but my main work is done on PC.

Have you tried to capture the m2t files using firewire and Cineform HDLink?

Best,
Christopher

Brad Schreiber July 2nd, 2006 04:25 PM

Cineform HDLink?

I have never heard of this. Will investigate...

have you used this, does it work well?

Christopher Glaeser July 2nd, 2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Schreiber
have you used this, does it work well?

I use HDLink to capture all my XL H1 footage. There is a free trial on the Cineform website. I don't use Avid and I don't know if there are better options for you to capture, but I think Aspect HD (which includes HDLink) is the best option for Premiere users.

At minimum, you will at least determine if you can capture m2t files.

Best,
Christopher

Brad Schreiber July 2nd, 2006 05:42 PM

HDLink

Do you capture via firewire or SDI?

Mike Curtis July 2nd, 2006 05:51 PM

Mojo SDI is SD ONLY

Yep. So that won't work.

Keith Wakeham July 2nd, 2006 06:26 PM

Avid adrenaline can capture HD over HD-SDI and convert to DNxHD over firewire. Mojo is SDI only so far as Mike said. Though It might be cheaper to get a HD-SDI card to capture with than getting an avid adrenaline.

I would suggest having someone ingest the footage for you over HD-SDI if you don't have the facilities for it and don't plan on upgrading.

Brad Schreiber July 2nd, 2006 07:24 PM

Cineform AVI into Avid

Okay, tried Cineform, works like a charm. Excellent referral, thank you so much. the problem is, the AVI will not go into Avid Xpress pro 5.5. Any suggestions on getting it in?

Alister Chapman July 3rd, 2006 11:09 AM

Use cineform but in the preferences section select the option that just captures the m2t files and import the m2t's into Avid. Avid will not read CF AVI's.

Michael Karrer July 4th, 2006 08:42 AM

Use Hdv-split

I use "HDV split 0.75" its FREEWARE and captures perfectly .m2t files from my XLH1 and has scene detection!!!