recording hd100 720/24p to tape in Liquid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old November 17th, 2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

recording hd100 720/24p to tape in Liquid

I've been trying to dump a 720/24p uncompressed timeline onto the HD100 with Avid Liquid, but keep getting the error: "The Timeline Format can't be recorded with the selected recorder".

The camera mode is in HDV 24p (and the dv/hdv switch is on hdv). In Liquid the recorder is the JVC Device, and works perfectly when logging/capturing 24p. Shouldn't I be able to dump the timeline back to tape?
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

bump... any liquid users? I'm at a dead end here... anything appreciated
Old November 19th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #3
Major Player

I am not a Liquid User, but if you are editing Uncompressed, then it is not in HDV and the JVC HD100 encodes HDV-1 tracks to tape. That may be your problem.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #4
Major Player

Yes - you have to encode to HDV1 first and then export to tape. It won't be pretty!
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Moved here from JVC ProHD forum.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #6
Trustee

Yes, you can dump right back to tape without an issue. The key is to setup your "player" setting in the control panel to dump ProHD instead of the default MicroMV for Mpeg streams. If you've seen my tutorial on dumping back to tape then you should have no problem at all Nima.

S.Noe
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Stephen:

Thank you for the tip. I changed the mpg streams to ProHD, still didn't work. But in the camera, I changed the video format to 30/60 instead of 24 before starting the export, and the export process started. I cancelled it, caus I have to render the whole thing first right now (which takes about 2 hours). Is the camera recording the timeline in 24p even if it's in 30/60 mode? I thought maybe it will, since the streams in&out are actually 60...

also, in the video output setup, what are the correct settings?
1. DV Output Format (DV/DVCPRO)
2. MPEG Output Format (ProHD/25 and ProHD/30)

the footage is 720/24p exported uncompressed to the HD101 for either NTSC or PAL broadcast.
Old November 20th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima Taheri
Stephen:

Thank you for the tip. I changed the mpg streams to ProHD, still didn't work. But in the camera, I changed the video format to 30/60 instead of 24 before starting the export, and the export process started. I cancelled it, caus I have to render the whole thing first right now (which takes about 2 hours). Is the camera recording the timeline in 24p even if it's in 30/60 mode? I thought maybe it will, since the streams in&out are actually 60...

also, in the video output setup, what are the correct settings?
1. DV Output Format (DV/DVCPRO)
2. MPEG Output Format (ProHD/25 and ProHD/30)

the footage is 720/24p exported uncompressed to the HD101 for either NTSC or PAL broadcast.
Remember that the 24p is buried in the 60p stream with place holders. Your camera display will show 24p as well as the deck display. This is correct. Set your ouput in Liquid to ProHD 30 and you'll be all set. Piece of cake...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family