Avid Xpress family on Intel Imac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old December 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Tourist

Avid Xpress family on Intel Imac

Avid FreeDV runs on my Intel Imac if I don't try to view any video on the desktop and monitor my captures, source, record, etc. on an external monitor via firewire through my deck (JVC BR-HD50). Only trouble is, I can't share an offlined project with my online editor on her Meridien-based media composer because (I found out too late) the ability to share projects, bins and sequences is crippled on FreeDV. Sob! I get to recreate the entire thing on my ailing ABVB Media Composer.

I'm tempted to buy Xpress DV to hold me over until the binary version of Xpress Pro comes out, now scheduled for some time next year, but wonder if it will work as well as FreeDV does--a bit sluggish while editing, even on a short (8 min but quite a few cuts) piece. Anyone else have any experience with this? And I wonder what the upgrade path will be from Xpress DV, which Avid tells me is a discontinued product, to the binary version of Xpress Pro.

Thanks
Jon Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family