How to export 24P advanced footage back to tape in Xpress Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old December 10th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #1
Major Player

How to export 24P advanced footage back to tape in Xpress Pro?

I'm not too familiar with Xpress Pro, mostly use Premiere Pro, so bear with me. I'm working on Xpress Pro 5.6. It handles 23.976 timelines well from what I saw and I had no problem editing a few test clips with 24p-A footage shot with the XL2.

Only thing is, when I try to crash record back to tape, in the Digital Cut tool, I can choose a 23.976 output format, but alongside there's a mention saying "Output to NTSC with continuous 2:3 pulldown. Standard format for NTSC film-based television broadcast".

I don't want to export with a 2:3 pulldown. I want to export back with a 2:3:3:2 pulldown, just like the original footage, so that if need be I can re-import again as true 24p footage without the permanent interlacing artifacts introduced by a 2:3 pulldown.

What am I missing? How do you export 24p-advanced footage back to MiniDV tape in Xpress Pro?

Haven't found any precisions on this matter in the Avid help file.

Thanks for the help.
David Lach is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family