Avid Liquid 25p to tape at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Avid Liquid 25p to tape

I've been trying to record a 576/25p sequence from Liquid to the HD100 camera and the BRHD50 deck. The error message is that I cannot record the timeline with the current recorder. I've tried with the different codecs (uncompressed, avi, mpeg) and nothing will work. Am I doing something wrong?

I have recorded 720/25p and 24p projects to tape without any issues...and I haven't changed any of the preferences of the camera within Liquid.

The file that I imported into Liquid that I'm trying to record to tape is an .avi file, if that has to do anything with this matter.

anyone?
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Not having your camera, I will still venture a guess. Have you tried setting the camera to SD mode and doing it? I would guess that if you sent a SD signal and it was in HD mode, you would get an error.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

George:

thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried to put the switch on SD. The footage was shot at HDV SD 50, then converted on a 25p SD timeline in aftereffects...
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM   #4
Trustee

Are you trying to output a PAL DV timeline?

If so the timeline has to be set for the proper field order for PAL DV and not set to non interlaced. DV by nature is not progressive but progressive frames sitting inside of a interlaced stream. Liquid will not output DV as progressive and will only work when the proper fields are used for sequence. You can still put a progressive clip on the interlaced timeline and it will output looking exactly the same. If you try to add any new effects inside of Liquid however those effects will be rendered as interlaced.

If you happen to have Liquid Pro or Chrome then I'm not sure why you would be having a problem. If you can see the signal on a TV then the analog inputs should be able to record the signal.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family