Can Avid export to tape to the Canon XH A1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old April 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can Avid export to tape to the Canon XH A1?

I am actually a Premeire Pro 2 person, but I am looking for a way to export back to the Canon XH A1. For right now it does not work. The computer renders very slowly and then turns the camcorder on to record. After 4.5 min to 6 min. the camcorder stops recording. Prem Pro continues as if it is still exporting.

So I am interested in knowing if anyone has successfully exported their project back to tape on the Canon XH A1 or Canon XL H1?

Thanks,
Bill in Ohio
Bill Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm not sure many people are using Canon 24f with Avid because there's currently no support. I believe that FCP is the only current NLE that supports that format. Maybe NAB in a bout a week will show bring some new choices for you on the PC side.

Sorry couldn't help, Good Luck
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I should have been more specific. It does not matter whether it is 24f, 25f, 60i or 50i. I would be happy to do any of the NTSC formats (24f or 60i) if I could export a finished project back to tape. The project I and others have done was in 1080i, however we could not export back to tape to archive the project.

So if anyone has exported at least 10 min from their editing system back to the Canon XH A1, please let us know.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Prem Pro 2 does have presets for Canon XH A1. They are a download at the Adobe site.

Bill
Bill Ritter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family