JVC Capture problems with Liquid? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old May 7th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC Capture problems with Liquid?

Have any Liquid users had difficulty capturing the JVC ProHD HDV codec on the Liquid system? I had a serious capture problem (creates 100's of clips, missing video, etc) with FCP and I just wanted to make sure the same thing won't happen with Liquid. Thanks.
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Question restated...

Are there any Liquid users here that capture ProHD on a regular basis? I just want to know that the software can capture the ProHD codec without any breaks. Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #3
Trustee

I don't, but I think Mr. Noel does. 7.2? I remember seeing a note on the Avid forum about a workflow for one of the Pro formats, but not sure if it was yours.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Major Player

From what I gather, Liquid has no problems at all with ProHD footage. If only Avid would expand that to include Media Composer and Xpress Pro (but they won't).
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I use Liquid 7.2 with my JVC GY-HD110, no problem at all. I initially had a problem setting up the system to capture, but from then on never looked back.

I did find that Microsoft had made a change in SP2 that caused firewire to run at a minimum speed setting - go figure, once I found the fix on the MSDN site, it works great. (Firewire worked at SD resolution, but I had crap ingests in HD!) Maybe you want to check this out.

Avid has a slightly cookie way of setting up the inputs but once set up it works.

Cheers n beers

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Do you have any idea what caused the problem capturing HD via firewire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Broadbent View Post
I use Liquid 7.2 with my JVC GY-HD110, no problem at all. I initially had a problem setting up the system to capture, but from then on never looked back.

I did find that Microsoft had made a change in SP2 that caused firewire to run at a minimum speed setting - go figure, once I found the fix on the MSDN site, it works great. (Firewire worked at SD resolution, but I had crap ingests in HD!) Maybe you want to check this out.

Avid has a slightly cookie way of setting up the inputs but once set up it works.

Cheers n beers

Ian
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM   #7
Regular Crew

The drop out problem was in upgrading from Micorsoft SP1 to SP2. Apparently SP2 sets the Firewire input to minimum speed and needs a patch to return the speed to maximum - No idea on the reason for the flawed logic. This resulted in me being able to capture SD no problem but HD was blocky.

Once I applied a patch downloaded from Microsoft I was getting great captures.

I also used this link provided byStephen Noe on "How to configure Liquid 7.1 for ProHD capture & dump to tape Tutorial "

http://media.dvinfo.net/Liquid/controlpanel1.wmv

It helped get me set up :)

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:05 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Broadbent View Post
The drop out problem was in upgrading from Micorsoft SP1 to SP2. Apparently SP2 sets the Firewire input to minimum speed and needs a patch to return the speed to maximum - No idea on the reason for the flawed logic. This resulted in me being able to capture SD no problem but HD was blocky.

Once I applied a patch downloaded from Microsoft I was getting great captures.

I also used this link provided byStephen Noe on "How to configure Liquid 7.1 for ProHD capture & dump to tape Tutorial "

http://media.dvinfo.net/Liquid/controlpanel1.wmv

It helped get me set up :)

Ian
Thank you, sir.
Jon Springer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family