Sarah Connor Chronicles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 4th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Sarah Connor Chronicles

I read about this a couple weeks back...finally saw a preview online today.

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/s...cles-video.htm

The trailer is pretty exciting...and looks like something the Fox network excels at doing.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #2
Major Player

I caught this on aintitcoolnews several months ago. I love the Terminator series so I'm on board to give it a chance. The only strange thing is Sarah Conner. I understand she is trying to "blend" back in to society but she still comes off as a little too "soccer mom-ish"in the trailer for me. It's too jarring a difference between where Sarah Conner was in the 2nd movie and this.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Major Player

It will be interesting what they do with the story line.

Will there be a new guest celebrity Terminator villain each week? Will the stories be like "The Fugitive" or "The Incredible Hulk" tv shows?

I personally didn't think they should have made a Terminator 3 [there should not have been a Alien 3 either] but T3 was pretty enjoyable.

Oh well, James Cameron probably could care less, he's off doing Avatar.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Wrangler

I don't know... looks like something I wouldn't like. It has a plastic made-for-scifi-channel-movie look to it. The first Terminator movie is still my favorite; it was unpretentious and didn't rely on spectacular CGI effects. It had a rough, edgy style and was a great action movie.

I enjoyed T2, and even T3, but will pass on this series. Besides, if it doesn't have Arnold... what's the point? :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Anything sci-fi I'll give the chance. And I agree with Boyd, the first is still my favorite. A very tight script and down and dirty independent filmmaking.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:02 PM   #6
Trustee

i've seen the pilot. it's abit weak, trying to be terminator... the series. i said trying =).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark