Roy Scheider passes on - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old February 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #16

He was one of the most realistic actors.....

Man,

Didn't know he passed on until I saw this thread. Couldn't get much better than the scene in JAWS where he was sitting at the table with his kid, and the kid was immitating him. Strangely sexy, that guy was, especially in JAWS. So believable as a husband/sheriff looking out for him and his. And all the while hoping to find a meaning to his actions. ALL THAT JAZZ was great too..."It's SHOWTIME".

Left a mark on me, he did. Hope his family understands he was a GREAT ACTORr, if nothing else in the "Hollywood World".

Few performances can match his realism in JAWS, or any of the other roles he played really.

RIP Roy!
Laurence Maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #17
Trustee

I Don't Believe it!

This is a shock to me! I don't have TV or cable and seldom read the newspaper (no excuses. I'm bad) I really liked Roy Scheider in The French Connection and The Seven Ups. He was a very physically fit man, even in his dotage. He also had a wonderfully interesting face. I may have to watch Philip D'Antoni's movies again.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark