The Hulk and the English-WARNING! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old July 11th, 2003, 09:48 AM   #16
Capt. Quirk

By the way- For those that are Spiderman fans, MTV is airing the premiere of it's new Spiderman animated series tomorrow night at 10:00. It is supposed to be a very well done CG animation, with movie quality scripts, and very violent. Not for kiddies.

As I no longer have cable, I will have to wait for someone to tape it for me.. Hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:08 AM   #17
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : Vin Diesel has voices an interest as the Silver Surfer. ..... And if you are going to hold those omiisions against me, what about the Phantom? -->>>

I did think of the Phantom, but didn't think it shaped up too well compared to the Rocketeer and Shadow (funnily enough).

Vin Diesel as Surferdood? I'm beginning to lose interest! I only saw xXx on a trans-Atlantic flight and, IMO, it's one of the few films that's been improved by the tiny screen and appalling sound quality :-D
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #18
Capt. Quirk

I thought xXx was rather cliche, but as a GenX type James Bond, it wasn't as bad as some of the other releases I've seen. I couldn't see Vin as Silver Surfer either. But it isn't as scary as Ashton Kutcher playing Batman!
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #19
Major Player

IMHO you cant beat the 70s live action Spiderman. Remember the fishing net web he shot? Also had a small role on the Electric Company(though probably a different actor).Dont forget the other comic films. Capt. America, The Flash,Punisher and Swamp Thing!
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #20
Capt. Quirk

Actually, I'm doing my best to forget those. The only one that was worth watching was the Flash, but that didn't last long.
Let's go over the list of failed past attempts-
Spiderman (Good idea, bad production)
The Hulk (Which guest starred Daredevil and Thor)
Swamp Thing ( Actually had a decent run)
The Flash (Should have done better- The costume alone was a large investment)
Dr. Strange (Awful acting, worse FX)
Wonder Woman ( The TV show stunk, and the Movie was pretty good)
The Punisher (Totally bashed by both critic and fans alike)
Fantastic Four (Only a few shots were done to keep the license, never finished)
Capt. America (3 of them made, half of a decent story amongst them)

All of these, except possibly the Flash, are being discussed as movie properties, or have been remade as big budget movies. The problem with the early versions, was bad scripting, awful effects, and low budget. With the opening of Batman and Superman, big budget Superhero movies were on a comeback.

Then Marvel made Blade into a high budget, action packed winner. It already has one sequel, another on the way. Then came Spiderman and the X Men. Spiderman more than made up for the 70's attempt. The Punisher is currently in production in Tampa, and should have all that the original lacked.

I welcome the world of big budget fantasy!
Old July 15th, 2003, 07:28 AM   #21
Capt. Quirk

For those who have expessed an interest, Screenwriter Miles Millar recently said in an interview, that the script for Ironman is halfway finished. If things go smooth, they may actually have the movie out by the end of next year.
K. Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark