Bigger Stronger Faster* -- New Doc in limited release at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Bigger Stronger Faster* -- New Doc in limited release

I have a tiny bit of footage in this new documentary from the producers of Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. It was directed by my friend Chris Bell and is in limited release across the country. More information about the film and theaters/dates here: www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com. It's getting universally good reviews. Check it out on rottentomatoes.com.

It was shot with two Panasonic HVX200 P2 HD camcorders and includes over 800 archival clips, all of which had to be converted to HD. Here's a q and a with the DOP, Alex Buono, that has a bunch of technical information about the making of the movie: http://www.studiodaily.com/main/tech...ting/8280.html

My tiny bit was shot with my Sony HVR-A1U. If the movie is playing near you, I highly encourage you to see it. If you stay until the credits, you'll see me under "Additional Camera."
J. D. McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Major Player

I saw this a while back when it first came out at the Arclight. Chris and a couple of the producers were there after the screening for a Q&A. It was really good, I recommend it to everyone that enjoys a good doc.
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM   #3
New Boot

BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER* was released on DVD yesterday. You will be able to find it at all the major retail chains including Best Buy, Target, Amazon.com and many others.

You can also rent it from the major rental houses including Netflix, Hollywood Video and Blockbuster.

This was a really ambitious independent production. Documentary fans should appreciate it...plus it was one of the best reviewed films of the year so far. It's got a 97% on rottentomatoes.com

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
J. D. McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark