DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Dark Knight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/126293-dark-knight.html)

Krystian Ramlogan July 19th, 2008 07:38 PM

The Dark Knight

It was an excellent film. Hardly anything to take you out of the world of the Dark Knight. Much improved and better than the first film I thought.

I won't say much until others have seen it and chimed in, but at the end of the film I was sad because the film had made me forget that Heath Ledger was no longer with us. His performance was so alive and he was such a force of nature as the Joker that it was hard to accept he was gone.

I'll be going to see it again, for many reasons, but mostly to appreciate his performance - he blew everyone out of the water.

K.

Pietro Impagliazzo July 19th, 2008 08:51 PM

Joker scene when he blows up the hospital.

Genious!

Ethan Cooper July 20th, 2008 09:49 AM

I'd love to see some discussion about this movie, because I enjoyed it but didn't come away impressed like most reviews I'm reading. I'd like to better understand why since everyone else seems to love it.

I will agree that the Joker was very well written and wonderfully acted by Ledger, but was almost sad in a way that the entire movie wasn't about him. The other characters paled in comparison.

Thomas Smet July 20th, 2008 09:59 AM

Heath Ledger pretty much stole the entire movie in my opinion. It is hard to really think of a lot of it past his performance. It in my opinion was a perfect example of a deranged lunatic as the Joker. It really makes any previous Joker look like a Telly Tubby.

The rest of the acting was very good but Ledgers performance was just mind blowing. His character actually disgusted me a few times it was that good and these days it is pretty hard to do that to me.

I did actually enjoy the rest of the movie and it was done very well. It is just so sad that we will never get to see Ledger do this performance ever again.

John Stakes August 16th, 2008 11:03 AM

I loved it! Not sure of Scarecrows purpose though.

-JS

Russ Holland August 19th, 2008 09:04 AM

In the last week I went to see The Dark Knight 5 times. Simply because I absolutely LOVED it. I agree with everyone who says Heath Ledgers performance was stunning, he even had that old clown walk, like Charlie Carole used to have. It's just a pity it's worked the other way around this time - the film kept the villain alive but the actor is sadly no longer with us.

The first time I saw it, someone started clapping at the end of the film and eventually, the whole screen was stood up clapping, it was very emotional.

The only annoying aspect of it for me was Bale's Batman voice was too gritty, at times very hard to distinguish what he actually said, along with that very slight lisp he naturally has anyway.

The Batbike turning round quick was very cool.

It was nice to see The Scarecrow again, just to show he's still out there causing mayhem, and that there is, in the background, more than one villain that the Bat has to deal and just because the movie isn't about them, they are not forgotten - my opinion of why he was in it anyway :)

Nice to see also, that there was no Wayne Manor, after the "incident" in the first movie, and that it all hasn't been magically rebuilt (yet) like some films do. Wasn't really sure about the new Rachel, but she worked quite well and was a good substitute. Unlike the new Eve in the Mummy 3!!

I'm pretty sure though, I noticed a continuity error with the two warehouses?? But I don't want to spoil anything here.

That's my two pence worth anyway, I just can't wait for the blu ray!

Russ