DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   Dawn of the Dead 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/23308-dawn-dead-2004-a.html)

John Hudson March 21st, 2004 05:00 PM

Dawn of the Dead 2004

High Art I know, but I love the genre and loved the film. One of the best tributes to the Zombie Horror genre I have seen. Its about time a major studio not only backed it but that it was done right.

Roger and Ebert give it a Thumbs Up; Entertainment Weekly gives it an A Rating and it is offically knocking The Passion of Christ out of the top spot.

This is the kind of movie that just makes me want to make films. What say you?

Frank Granovski March 21st, 2004 05:43 PM

John, I'm a big fan of these types of movies, and I'm definitely going to go see it! Remember the movie, "The Hills Have Eyes?"

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2004 05:49 PM

Dang someone beat me to this post...

TWO THUMBS UP, WAAAAAY UP!!!
This is the second best zombie movie ever made (2nd only to NOTLD). I left the theater 30 minutes ago and my heart is still racing. I had my concerns about this remake, but it is awsome. A fantastic tribute to the holy trilogy.

I'm not going to say anything about it spoiler wise, but TWO THUMBS UP, WAAAAAY UP!!!

PS, I'm a huge zombie fan, so might have a different opinion than others.

John Hudson March 21st, 2004 05:50 PM

Are we dating ourselves now? Because, yes, this film I remember! LOL

You will not regret seeing DAWN; its rockin!

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2004 06:19 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Hudson :

You will not regret seeing DAWN; its rockin! -->>>

You will if you don't like being scared.... :D

John Hudson March 21st, 2004 06:27 PM

I agree to a point. Not scary in the 'jumping out of your seat' suspense of say "Halloween" or "The Excorsist" but scary in an Action/Survival Horror kind of way.

There was definate suspense and while I wasn't scared (Im immune to scary movies) I can see where the average moviegoer or chick would be a lil scared.

Definatley an action/horror.

Charles Papert March 21st, 2004 06:34 PM

Haven't seen it, looking forward to.

We were honored to have "Dawn of the Dead" (and both Scooby-Doo movies) writer James Gunn participate in our last Instant Films. He wrote a pretty twisted one (not too surprising) called "Tube" which garnered quite a few awards, check it out...

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2004 06:35 PM

Yes, more of a thrill ride than goose bumper. With great creepy tension scenes... I wish I could point some out without spoiling anything, but, well... you know what i mean! :)

ANd the first ten minutes...

WOOOOOOW!

Keith Loh March 21st, 2004 06:36 PM

ROCKED.

Nothing original, but done very well.

Kind of like action movies used to be made. GOOD FORMULA.

Yes, you have the stereotypical people acting stupid, but that is part of the formula too. I'm kind of glad that they didn't overwrite the characters since they weren't the stars. Mehki was a bit overwritten. Otherwise...

CELEBRITY SHOOTING!!!!

John Hudson March 21st, 2004 07:12 PM

Rosie!! Rosie!!

Tks for link Charles.

James Sudik March 21st, 2004 07:18 PM

A good time at the movies, no doubt. "Celebrity Shooting" hehe!

Dylan Couper March 26th, 2004 03:07 AM

Say John....

You aren't a member of a horror forum with the initials ATZ by any chance... are you?

If so... shh..... ;)

the_klenzer

John Hudson March 26th, 2004 11:02 AM

No, I am not ATZ. Whats the Horror Forum?

Dylan Couper March 26th, 2004 11:29 AM

Doh, I mistook you for someone else!

Dylan Couper March 27th, 2004 12:43 AM

Wait, it WAS you!

Small world, huh?