RIP: Billy Mays at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Inner Circle

RIP: Billy Mays

not quite DV type news but Billy Mays, the loud bearded pitchman for OxiClean and many many other products died this AM. He was 50 years old. While not quite as influenctial as Michael Jackson he was the king of his particular arena.
That's 4 in one week. One expected (Farrah Fawcett), and 3 unexpected. Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson and now Billy Mays.
It surely gives one pause. One from age and health problems, one from cardiac arrest one from ???
Live life to the fullest, take the risks, no one knows how long it's going to last. There are no guarentees.
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Trustee

wow, of all the deaths this weekend I think that one hit me the hardest.
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Major Player

For a smile and remembrance watch this posted on youtube.

The optimus prime line is classic.
RIP Billy.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Trustee

The CNN article mentions something about an airplane landing dropping stuff on his head.
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Major Player

Saw it on the news (NBC). Apparently, a landing-gear wheel blew out, causing the baggage compartments to open and a bag fell on his head. He updated his twitter page saying he was OK and hard headed- also some remark about US airlines being terrible.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Christopher, I had never seen that video before, But I loved it! (Your fat ass broke a chair, why not just fix it!)

I agree, Out of all the recent deaths, this one hit me hard. Farah, Well That was expected, and It is sad she is gone too. Ed, He will be missed. MJ, Well, I won't be surprised if his body is stolen like Elvis. But Billy Mays seemed so full of life on TV with Pitchmen. Truly a sad week in entertainment history.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark