DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   Movies so bad, that they're actually..... good? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/25471-movies-so-bad-theyre-actually-good.html)

Linda Schodowsky May 3rd, 2004 10:00 AM

Movies so bad, that they're actually..... good?

Since we got the "Movies that you like, but shouldn't have", and "Movies we didn't like" topics going on here... I thought a third thread was necessary. Actually, it could be a sub-topic of "Movies that you like, but shouldn't have". Anywho, I thought it to be worthy of it's own thread. Here goes...

First of all, any movie that appeared in Mystery Science Theater 3000 is worthy of this category.

Any Ed Woods movie.

My favorite "bad movie" of all time... Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

Any others out there?

Keith Loh May 3rd, 2004 10:18 AM

The Core. A lot of it was intentionally bad as in "oh who cares, we'll piss off anyone who remembers half of what they learned in high school science" bad. So once you understood that, you could sit back and enjoy the cheesy adventure. It was fun!

Congo. It has Bruce Campbell. It has apes, talking apes, guns, dictators, ancient treasure, lazers and guns. They don't really stay still too long so it strikes the right tone of bad-ness that you enjoy it. Favourite moment. All the porters know the words to "California Dreaming".

Linda Schodowsky May 3rd, 2004 03:54 PM

Got another two...

Boxing Helena and The Brady Bunch Movie.

Rob Lohman May 3rd, 2004 03:56 PM

Mars Attacks?

Marco Leavitt May 3rd, 2004 07:28 PM

I'd say Boxing Helena is so bad it's bad. My vote goes to anything on Lifetime. I love that channel, maybe because my lighting attempts don't look so artificial after watching those movies. I just watched one tonight about a woman who kidnaps her daughter who is a prostitute. "I like doing it mom, and guess what. I'm damn good at it!"

John Hudson May 3rd, 2004 11:41 PM

Return of the Living Dead. Truly bad and truly a guilty pleasure.

Dylan Couper May 4th, 2004 01:44 AM

Battlefield Earth for me.

I thought Return Of The Living Dead was good! :)

K. Forman May 4th, 2004 06:20 AM

That sounds like any Troma movie to me... You know of Tromaville, right? They brought us Toxic Avenger, Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD, and a host of other B grade movies.

On second thought, they were so bad, that they were just bad...

Imran Zaidi May 4th, 2004 07:25 AM

The Stupids.

As dumb as it was, there was some tongue in cheek stuff going on in the subtext which I found rather deceptively smart.

Mars Attacks, however, I don't think could fall into this category - after all, it was supposed to be a spoof of alien attack films. Plus I thought it was great :)

Joe Gioielli May 5th, 2004 08:51 AM

The Green Berets

"Was my Petersan brave?"

Stephen Schleicher May 5th, 2004 11:57 AM

I can't believe no one has said

Army of Darkness - Ash Rules!

Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension - See the stars before they were stars. Too bad no one saw the great humor and classic sci-fi in this. It could have easily been a franchise.

They Live - This movie has it all Space Zombies, mind control, classic lines, and Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Must watch them all again tonight on DVD with commentary turned on!

Cheers

Keith Loh May 5th, 2004 12:09 PM

Hmm, I don't think either of those movies qualifies. None of them were bad, they were intentionally campy.

Robert Knecht Schmidt May 5th, 2004 12:12 PM

Silent Night, Deadly Night and its sequel. The Maniac Cop series.

Mike Rehmus May 9th, 2004 07:36 PM

Battle beyond the Stars? Love his ship and the Valkerie

The Last Starfigher?

And Blade

And

Josh Brusin May 9th, 2004 08:04 PM

O.C. and Stiggs (robert altman, dennis hopper, martin mull... etc)
Bad Manners